Starting from the 25th of April we have provided 30 tents (Northface, Ferrino, Makalu, Balaju) from our store to our staffs, neighbours and anyone who came to the office for temporary shelter.
Here is a summary of the reliefs provided between April 28th and May 22nd :
- 310 food packages
- 60 bags of rice (25kg each)
- 53 biscuits boxes
- 10 tents
- 284 tarpaulines
- 33 noodles cartons
- 40 mineral water cartons
- 18 solar systems
- 75 blankets
- and much more (plastic sheets, oil, salt, candles, clothes, games …)
A food package includes :
- 5 kg of rice,
- 1 kg of Chiura,
- 1 kg of lentils,
- 0.5 kg of sugar,
- 0.25 liter of oil,
- 0.25 kg of salt,
- 5 packs of noodles
- and 1 packet of biscuits per person
KSP involved in international operations
We have also supported many national and international agencies who have come forward to help the Nepalese. We have been in touch with international organisations such as Doctors without borders, Medical teams from Taiwan, Spanish Mountain Resue Police, Spanish “Smiling Mountain” project, and many other individuals.
KSP individual efforts
- Zimba has visited many of the disaster areas with the relief. He supports the Rotary Club of Bagmati as a Rotarian and Nepal Mountaineering Association as the Immediate Past President.
- Dr Sonam Zangbu Sherpa has been volunteering with the Belgian Mobile Hospital project led by Dr Pierre Soete, in the Gorkha area. He is currently working with the “Appna Disaster Relief Corps” from the USA.
- Dr Nima Namgyal Sherpa has been a key figure in rescuing the climbers at Everest Basecamp. On his return to Kathmandu he is continually working to provide medical assistance, medical supplies and First-aid/Earthquake safety training through his organisation Himalayan Medics.
- Laurent Rousseau has been the chief coordinator of the relief efforts.
- Devi Pant is the organizer of our relief efforts and he continues to provide KSP with updates of earthquake disaster areas.
- Our guides and office staffs have been to their respective villages and made a great effort on distributing the relief efforts.